14th November 2022
Divide the class into small teams. Each team is given paper, crayons, markers and a board.
The teams are names after Greek heroes:
The heroes need to fight evil monsters.
Heracles must beat Cerberus, an angry dog with three heads.
Theseus must beat the Minotaur, an animal half man, half bull. The Minotaur is very, very strong.
Perseus must beat Medusa, a woman with dangerous snakes in her hair. Anyone who looks at Medusa will turn to stone.
The task is not easy, it is a task for heroes. The heroes must answer questions, write, draw and conjugate verbs.
The first team to get 10 points will win. Let’s get started.
1) Write down an animal that is black and white
2) Write down 2 animals that can fly
3) Write 3 animals that can swim
4) A _________ can _____ a house
5) A _________ can ____ fruit and vegetables
6) A ________ can ____ people who are not well.
7) A football player scoring / scores goals.
8) A teacher teach / teaches students.
9) I play / plays guitar.
10) Chose one person to draw. On the board, draw your monster (Cerberus, Minotaur or Medusa). You have three minutes each.
11) Complete the sentences with adjectives.
A dog is very ____ and _____ .
A crocodile is very ______ and ______ .
A panda is very ______ and ________ .
12) Write 2 things you do in the morning
13) Write 2 things you do in the afternoon
14) Write 2 things you do in the evening
15) Draw a clock on your board
Show me five o’clock
Show me seven o’clock
Show me twelve o’clock
16) Write 2 words that begin with bl, cl, pl.
17) Conjugate these verbs
I am scared of lions / you / he / she / it / Mr John / we / they
I am very strong / you / he / she / it / Mr John / we / they
I am not scared of snakes / you / he / she / it / Mr John / we / they
18) Answer ‘Sure, that sounds fun,’ ‘Good idea,’ or ‘Not really.’
Do you want to fight a lion ?
Do you want to do homework all day ?
Do you want to play tennis ?
19) Team Heracles suggest something to Team Theseus and get a response. Team Theseus ask Team Perseus, and Team Perseus ask Team Heracles.
EXAMPLE: Do you want to drink water ?
20) Some or any.
There is ____ milk.
There isn’t ____ chicken.
There are _____ grapes.
Are there ______ eggs ?
Is there ____ juice ?
_____ there _____ water ?
21) You have 10 seconds. Write food that is healthy. Write food that is unhealthy. Write some drinks.
22) Write 2 fun places for children in Sai Gon
23) Write a sentence using
exciting / dangerous / happy
24) Sing the finish work song (“Dear teacher, I am finished.”)
25) How can you kill a skeleton. Watch the hero Jason.
Please Note: All photos are taken from Google Images or free photo sites, and are used for educational purposes only. No copyright infringement or offense is intended. If I have used your photo or image, and you wish me to remove it, just ask. This site is not monetized, I run it on my own dollar. Thank you.
One thought on “Young Learners, level 2: Greek heroes to help you learn.”